Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer is almost gone

Well here we are, almost at the end of Summer and what a Summer it has been.

I got out to enjoy my yard and bought some new roses. Now I'm busy taking some cuttings for my garden next year and for my DIL's garden.

But I didn't forget my scrapbooks and my card making. Our youngest grandson is a year old now and I'm finishing his First Year Scrapbook. What fun it is to look back and see how he has grown and then be able to add pictures of both grandsons to their shared album. I just love it!
I wanted to add my garden to my cards so I used leaves plucked from the bushes and then painted with metallic paint to make cards like this:


Then I made some cards using the Names of God on them and they turned out so nice. I even had an order for them from a sweet Christian lady I met through an online friend. This is an example of one of those cards:

I am now putting together bundles of all the cards I've made all year to sell at our garage sale this weekend. I've never done this before and it is a tad bit of work. My biggest question is do I make them up by type, have mixed sets or sell them individually? It should be fun. I have a Cricut now and with my Inspiration I have lots of ways to make nice scrapbook pages and cards. God has blessed me so much and I hope I can bless others.

No comments: